Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Edu Blog

Wow! Time is flying by this semester! I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that I am so overwhelmed with everything going on. Taking these education classes really make me appreciate teachers so much more than I already did. The classes are hard but it is so worth it! 

I honestly feel like the past month has been a blur because of how fast it has gone by. But I have learned a lot in all of my classes. I have enjoyed this 251 class because we focus on going into detail about each step of EdTPA. This helps so much with my other classes. Recently in my 350 class we did a cultural competency project which was very eye opening. I enjoyed doing it but it made me realize how hard it really is to differentiate for every student in your class. We have also been learning about RTI and the three tiers that make it up. This was a bit confusing for me at first, but I feel like I have more understanding of it now. We were provided with a class list and we are now working on creating a lesson plan that incorporates the three tiers of RTI. In my math class, we are using the "show me" app to explain various math problems in a way that a child could understand it. And in my 410 class, we have worked a lot on creating assessments. This is so much harder than I thought it would be. We have also created an assessment in the form of a project, which I really enjoyed doing. We are now working on creating rubrics. 

It can be hard sometimes to remember which class is which, especially when you have the same professor for three of your classes. A lot of material that we learn overlaps with the material from another course which can be confusing at times. But it helps me to make connections and realize how all of this that I am learning goes together. I have had a few other learning experiences in the past weeks. We had the opportunity to teach a lesson at the school of education orientation. This was a bit nerve wracking but I do feel like I learned a lot from it. I learned that it is very hard to plan a lesson in an hour and I learned that you have to be ready for anything. We have a full day of observation at a local school coming up. I am excited about this because I feel that I will learn so much from it, especially since we are getting to observe for a full day instead of just a couple of hours. I also received my clinical placement, so I will be going out to a local elementary school soon to observe in a kindergarten classroom. This makes me a little bit nervous because I am more comfortable with the upper grades of elementary but I may change my mind after these observations! I am excited for what the rest of the semester holds! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Academic Language

It's hard to believe that it's already a month into the semester! This week we are focused on academic language. This topic can some...